Tuesday 3 July 2012

Goal to get fit

I've had the goal in my mind for ages now to lose some weight and get fitter but so far that just hasn't happened.

These past few months I've been really unhappy with my body and the way I look in clothes, especially in skinny jeans. I figured that just feeling sorry for myself and unhappy with my figure would get me absolutely nowhere so I've started doing things that will help me to lose a bit of weight and tone up.

Firstly, what I eat. I like to snack and I know that's not particularly good for you so I've tried to cut the amount of snacks that I have down. My diet hasn't changed too much, I just try to eat in moderation and include more fruit and veg into it.

The biggest change that I've made is the amount of exercise I do.

Normally I do little exercise, a short walk with the dog here, the walk to work from town there, that was it really. But that's changed now, the best thing to help me tone up is to do some exercise.

About a month ago I bought a fitness DVD, The Only Way is Essexercise, and it's actually pretty good. It comes with three different workouts; dance, boxing and aerobics. Personally the aerobics is the one I do as I have very little rhythm and boxing isn't really my cup of tea. I try to do this 1-2 times a week.

I have also started running. I will go on a route around the village I live in which is about 2 miles and takes roughly half an hour to run which is good enough for me as I'm not really a runner, in fact I'm not really a sporty person at all! I aim to go running once a week so long as it's decent weather, I don't like running in the rain as I have to run along tracks and would get absolutely covered in mud!!

I've also joined the gym that's next to my sixth form and plan to go 2-3 times a week. At the moment I tend to stick to the cardio machines - treadmill, cross trainer & bike - but will hopefully move on and go on the rowing machines, more scary looking cardio ones that I don't even know the names of and the weight/toning machines.

I know that this wasn't too detailed but yeah, if you'd like me to keep you updated on how I'm finding it then I happily will, all you need to do is ask!

5 comments:

  1. I like fitness dvd's! It's not as embarrassing when there's nobody around! I love the gym :) Thank you for this post - I love these kind of posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I like them so much, I'd rather do things like that at home than go to a class where everyone can see if you mess up!!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! It'll make you feel so much better within yourself, as well as making you more confident with your body. If you have an ipod/ipad, there's an app you can download (it's free, I think) called Nike Traning Club, and it's pretty good. It takes a bit of motivation to continue with it but I really like it!
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the app suggestion, unfortunately I have an android and I couldn't find it in the Play Store, hopefully it'll be useful for others though!

      Delete
  3. Great post !

    I believe that you will do a great job and think once your in that rhythm it will be easier by the day !! :)

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I'd love it if you would leave a comment :) x